Spread the Harvest
Spread the Harvest seeks to reduce financial barriers to food gardening by providing Central Texas schools, low-income residents and not-for-profit gardens, and other groups with free gardening materials.
Spread the Harvest participants receive the following:
- Vegetable seeds – available year-round at SFC
- Transplants and compost – available twice a year during Resource Giveaway Days
- Fish emulsion & liquefied seaweed – available by demand at SFC and twice a year during Resource Giveaway Days
- Access to SFC’s book lending library
SFC accepts applications for Spread the Harvest from:
- Low-income gardeners (see our qualifying income thresholds)
- School gardens
- Community gardens or service providers that work with and provide food to underprivileged individuals and communities
If your garden would like to become a member of Spread the Harvest, please download an application below (applications are available in both PDF and Word format).
Mia Burger, Grow Local Education Coordinator