This year, instead of making a single New Year’s Resolution (which, honestly, probably wouldn’t last past March) we’re trying an idea from professional coach, Susan Combs, who suggests choosing a theme for the year and then trying out a new resolution each month.
Our theme for 2015 is: We’re In This Together. To be healthy, individually and as a community, we depend on each other. What better way to support good health than cooking and sharing food with each other!
In January, we resolve to share and try at least 1 new recipe each week (healthy and seasonal, mostly). In February, maybe we’ll start a weekly family/friends cooking night. Other month-long possibilities:
- Collaborate with family on a weekly menu plan
- Once a week, team up with a friend to prepare and pack a week of lunches or dinners
- Take a cooking class with a friend
- Bring something homemade (and healthy) to share with co-workers
- Join a Community Garden and learn to grow what you cook (bonus: you’ll have so much produce, you’ll have to share!)
Let us know what resolutions you are making, and check back with us for updates!