From The Happy Kitchen Cookbook, Fresh Seasonal Recipes. Makes 1 Cup.
A simple and versatile sauce that is great for dipping on the side, as well as a part of a full meal!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Whisk in ½ cup hot water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to blend.
- For best flavor, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
*White wine vinegar or rice vinegar may be substituted.
Note: Leftover sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.