SFC Farmers' Market Downtown
- Open Year-Round, Rain or Shine (with exception of severe weather)
- Saturdays 9am - 1pm
- Republic Square, 422 Guadalupe St, 78701
This downtown Austin farmers market started in 2003 and is the queen bee of the SFC Farmers’ Market system. Featuring dozens of farmers and award-winning food artisans, this market is a must-see for newcomers and regulars. Situated in the picturesque Republic Square and on the new cosmopolitan Federal Courthouse Plaza, there is a café under the Auction Oak, live music, and plenty of room to picnic.
Available at the SFC Farmers' Market Downtown
- SNAP Lonestar cards and WIC EBT cards accepted.
- Double Up Food Bucks Austin is available here. Double Up allows families and individuals who receive SNAP (formerly food stamps), WIC EBT fruit and vegetable benefits, and/or FMNP vouchers to double the dollar amount that they can spend on fruits and vegetables at the market. Eligible shoppers are matched dollar for dollar up to $30 each week, per program. Double Up is valid only for the purchase of fruits and vegetables. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Taste the Place veggie sampling.
- ATM on site.
- Cafe seating.
- Live music on the plaza.
- Street Parking - Free at metered spots until 11 am on Saturdays.
- Surface Parking Lot - There limited free parking in the surface lot adjacent to the market from 9am-1pm on Saturdays. Find the parking lot at 4th and Guadalupe (enter from San Antonio St or 3rd St).
- State Parking Garage - $7 market parking in the State Parking Garage “N”, if you arrive before 11 am (enter on San Antonio between 3rd and 4th St.).
The general rule of thumb for avoiding traffic or street closures coming to Downtown market:
From I-35 traveling to the west: Go to MLK exit, take MLK to go westbound. Go all the way to (almost) Guadalupe, but turn in the slight branch-off of the street to your left to access Guadalupe. Continue down Guadalupe to 4th and 3rd Streets to get into your favorite parking spaces.
From from Mopac (Hwy 1) traveling to the east: Take Cesar Chavez/5th Street exit. Take 5th Street just several blocks to Guadalupe, and turn right. Go to Third Street, and turn right again. Find one of your favorite parking spaces next to the market.