How do I become an SFC Farmers' Market Vendor?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at our SFC Farmers' Markets. Both of our Markets are producer-only, which means that farmers may only sell what they grow, and other vendors can only sell products that they themselves produce.
Before you Apply:
We require significant incorporation of local products in value-added goods. If you are a Non Agricultural Vendor applying to the Market make sure to explicitly list your partnerships with other local producers.
We understand that certain things don’t grow in Texas. If you are currently not working with local producers, please explain what barriers you are experiencing.
We appreciate all applications to the market, but at the moment we are not accepting any new applications from:
Jewelers at the Downtown Market; Sweet baked goods vendors and body care products at both markets.
1. Do you know what type of vendor you are?
- Agricultural Producers are any vendor who grows, raises, or wild-harvests a food product for market Service
- Non-Agricultural Producers who incorporate local goods into their products are welcome at our markets.
Read our SFC Farmers’ Market Policy (pg. 6) to learn more!
2. Do you know which permits you need?
Selling at our SFC Farmers’ Markets requires permits issued by local public health authorities.
Once you are approved as a vendor, we will help walk you through the proper permits required for your business.
If you would like to know more about local permitting and regulation please visit: http://austintexas.gov/department/farmers-markets
3. Have you read the SFC Farmers’ Market Policy?
Make sure you read our SFC Farmers’ Market Policy manual before you apply!
4. Additional Applications Considerations:
- The application process can take a few weeks, please allow 7-10 business days for a response to your initial application.
- The annual fee for a Farmers’ Market Vendor is $125, collected in March. You will be required to submit a prorated annual fee payment before your first day at the market.
- Farm and facility visits are required for agricultural producers.
- If you are a busker, activity provider, or other non profit organization that wants to partner with us on an activation please read more here.
- If you represent a business and would like to use our market as a sales and marketing outlet please consider becoming a sponsor of the market. Click here for more sponsorship information.