This recipe was originally posted by Food & Wine Magazine.
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons harissa or other chile paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin or caraway
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3 pitted black olives
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
Transfer the carrots to a food processor. Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, harissa, cumin and ginger and process to a smooth puree. Season the dip with salt.
Scrape the dip onto a platter or into a bowl. Scatter the feta cheese and olives on top and serve.
Make Ahead - The dip can be refrigerated for 2 days. Serve at room temperature.