Mother’s Day gifts don’t have to be store-bought or expensive to make Mom happy; they just need to come from your heart. We have oodles of creative, inspiring and heartfelt gifts for all the moms in your life. From classes on sustainable gardening to gifts you made yourself, local foods & goods and volunteering opportunities, we’ll help you find a gift that shows your mom she raised you right!
· Give her a unique arrangement of local wildflowers from Animal Farm at SCF’s Downtown Farmer’s Market. In addition to being beautiful, flowers from this permaculture farm help provide wild bees and other pollinators with a steady, safe food source and habitat.
· For the mom with a green thumb, give her vegetable transplants; if she prefers potted plants, give her a flower pot filled with herbs instead of flowers.
· Show her you can cook by making The Happy Kitchen’s Crustless Swiss Chard Quiche, using Flintrock Hill Farm eggs, for brunch. Or spend some time swapping your favorite recipes and then make a date to cook a few together. [Just be sure she knows she doesn’t have to cook for you on Mother’s Day unless she wants to, in which case make sure you do the cleaning.]
· Get crafty together in our Handmade with Love: Natural Bath & Beauty Products class with UP! Organics founder Amy Reynolds. You’ll both go home with healthy spa and beauty treatments you made yourself.
· Now’s the time to collect cilantro and dill seeds, which you can package for Mom to plant this fall, or use in cooking or as pickling spices. Learn how to collect seeds or how to pickle in one of our many class offerings, held throughout the year.
Give your time and give back! SFC has one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities in our gardens, at our markets, in the kitchen and in the community. Or make a donation in her name and help us create a food secure community where everyone has access to fresh, affordable and nutritious food.
· Need a last minute gift? Stop by SFC’s Saturday Farmer’s Markets Downtown and at Sunset Valley and choose from an assortment of locally made, artisanal goods, including:
Sarah Ross’ Lemon Tree Herbs tinctures
Cocoa Puro chocolates
Cake and Spoon baked goods (we recommend the quiche and the hazelnut pie)
Handmade Soap from Armadillo Soap Company
Hemp 360 facial products
Stop by the Info booth at the Market to buy SFC t-shirts, caps, cookbook and water bottles, or go to our website for more SFC merchandise and gift certificates
To all of our Moms, Stepmoms, Mothers-in-Law and women who made us who we are: Happy Mother’s Day!