Group Volunteer Opportunities
Our 2.5-acre Teaching Garden is a place for visitors of all ages to learn about sustainable gardening methods, and consists of vegetable production beds, rain gardens, a children’s sensory garden, and a greenhouse and apiary – all constructed with the help of volunteers!
Group volunteer workdays consist of individual seasonal gardening tasks and larger projects that require teamwork. Preparing, planting and weeding vegetable beds is an on-going task for volunteers, and one-off projects like constructing gardening structures are done as the need arises. Volunteers in the Teaching Garden always leave tired, dirty, and satisfied seeing their hard work pay off at the end of the workday.
- We accept volunteer groups of up to 30 people.
- Workdays are available weekdays from 9am-12pm. Dates fill up quickly, and should be scheduled well in advance.
- Starting June 1, 2018, group volunteer days are available for a fee of $300* that underwrites the cost of staff facilitation and supplies.
- Groups over 30 are accepted on a case-by-case basis and will be charged an increased fee.
* Fee may be waived for nonprofits and service groups.
If you are a looking for a group volunteer opportunity please complete our request form using the button below.