We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Cash reconciliation and preparation of bank deposits
- Manage company credit card account and staff usage
- Reconcile accounting system and donor database with Finance Director
- Manage financial transactions for sponsored community gardens
- Prepare monthly financial reports to assist staff with tracking grant expenditures
- Prepare quarterly budget and actual reports which allow staff to monitoring agency spending and incoming revenue
- Garner timesheets and payroll reports from staff and act as backup for Finance Director as needed for payroll processing
- Assist staff with financial questions and provide guidance on financial process and efficiencies
- Attend bimonthly finance committee meetings
- Manage information for Board of Directors and attend evening bimonthly Board of Director meetings to record notes
- Assist Development department with donor data entry and prepare acknowledgment letters for donations
- Minimum three years of experience in daily bookkeeping using Quickbooks; Bachelors’ degree in Accounting is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in Quickbooks, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Solid understanding of accounting principles; proven bookkeeping experience in a nonprofit environment is a plus
- Superior accuracy with financial data entry
- Strong orientation for detail, organization and follow through, and self-starter in bringing tasks to completion
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff on financial matters, garner data needed to accomplish financial tasks, and ask for corrections when data or process needs adjustment
Ability to initiate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Salary: The base in this position’s salary band is $37K, and starting salary will be influenced by applicant’s qualifications and budget considerations.
SFC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity on our staff and in our community. In fulfillment of our commitment to racial diversity among our staff, we strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Please submit your resume, 3 references, and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, let us know what interests you about Sustainable Food Center’s mission.
Resumes will be accepted until midnight on December 18th. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by end of day December 19th. Interviews will be the first week of January, with a start date of January 14th, or earlier if applicant is available.
If you love bookkeeping, want to work with great people, and would enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off and 100% employer paid health insurance, we would love to hear from you!