Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
SFC is seeking an Outreach & Engagement Coordinator to assist with planning, execution, and evaluation of bilingual (English/Spanish) outreach and engagement campaigns, serving as a liaison between SFC and the Central Texas community.
Founded in 1993, with roots dating back to 1975 as Austin Community Gardens, Sustainable Food Center (SFC) is involved in every step of our local, Central Texas, food system. Our mission is to transform the food system to nourish our health, land and livelihood.
Why work at SFC?
At SFC, we are passionate about our work and share a commitment to expanding access to locally grown food raised with integrity and care, for all members of our community. Join us if you are driven to build and create lasting change that supports people and the planet.
We’re on a journey
SFC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity on our staff and in our community. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. To that end, we have organized multiple all-staff trainings, created internal working groups that celebrate our diverse community, and integrated equity principles into every aspect of our work.
We uphold the following Core Values.
We are community-focused and believe that relationships are powerful tools for building community.
We support the right of all people to grow, access, sell, and consume healthy and culturally-appropriate food produced through ecologically sound and regenerative methods.
We know humans have a profound responsibility to treat our planet with care and respect, and we are committed to ensuring that diverse species may thrive on Earth for generations to come.
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week.
The Outreach & Engagement Coordinator assists with planning, execution, and evaluation of bilingual (English/Spanish) outreach and engagement campaigns, serving as a liaison between SFC and the Central Texas community. This position works across programs, in an outward-facing capacity that requires bilingual (Spanish/English) communications, occasionally working weekends, conducting site visits with community partners, and externally representing SFC within the community.
Build and maintain relationships with SFC clients; manage data of clients and stakeholders for public engagement.
- Coordinate, track, and participate in bilingual (Spanish/English), public-facing outreach and engagement activities including recipe sampling, community events, and presentations at conferences and symposia.
- Develop bilingual outreach materials to communicate with SFC clients, especially in support of the Triple WIC and FMNP programs.
- Develop and execute storytelling strategies, including development of tactics to capture insight and experience of SFC program clients and community members, and using data to develop compelling stories of impact and opportunity.
- Assist with identification, engagement, and training of SFC community liaisons.
- Develop and provide resources for community members to participate as advocates in the local food system.
- Conduct research regarding community engagement tactics and provide input to SFC community engagement strategies.
- Assist with coordination of bilingual media engagement, including conducting bilingual media interviews in order to promote SFC programs and engage SFC clients (Spanish/English).
- Utilize SFC contacts database to support strategic community outreach, engagement, and communications .
- Contribute to annual operations planning and budgeting.
You are an individual with a strong interest in sustainability. You identify yourself as a person that benefits from the local food system, and you feel familiar with the food access programs available to Central Texas residents. You enjoy interactions with the community members and can communicate with multicultural audiences. You have significant experience with community engagement and outreach with bilingual audiences (English/Spanish). You are a creative individual with great skills in customer service, communication, and attention to detail. You value long-term goals and can manage multiple projects with excellent collaboration. You are inspired by the power of advocacy and willing to work on systems-level change.
You will also bring expertise and demonstrated capacity in:
- Bilingual and biliterate (English/Spanish) communication; excellent verbal communication skills.
- Community and client relations skills; customer service experience a plus.
- Working in low-income and multi-cultural settings.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in basic graphic design programs (e.g., Canva) and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, and/or TikTok).
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate projects and follow through to completion, or be flexible when priorities change.
- Attention to detail and accuracy while focusing on overall project deliverables; experience with data entry, record keeping, and reporting.
- Commitment to SFC’s mission with a strong equity and social justice lens.
- A positive attitude and the flexibility to operate in an environment with deadlines and changing demands.
Sustainable Food Center offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, full coverage health insurance, 403b matching after first year of employment, generous time off and a flexible schedule. The starting salary for this position $42,000-$45,000. Starting salary will be influenced by applicant’s qualifications and budget considerations. The position is available starting January 16, 2023.
Note: This position will require working from a variety of locations including the local Austin office, work from home/remote work, and work in public settings, both indoors and outdoors, such as farmers’ markets, community centers, churches, and community events in Austin and the surrounding region.
Please submit your résumé, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Use subject title: Outreach & Engagement Coordinator. In your cover letter, tell us about your lived experience working with diverse communities.
Applications accepted until December 12, 2022. No phone calls accepted or returned.