We believe that the community’s inherent power and leadership is the foundation for a truly equitable and sustainable food system.
- We learn alongside community members, through open exchange and sharing of skills, knowledge, resources, and tools.
- We help build capacity for a return of power over the food system to the community.
- We ensure that the community is involved in leadership and decision making of the organization.
- We advocate for inclusive stakeholder involvement in decisions on food systems and policies.
- We ensure that all of our programming supports food production, marketing, distribution and preparation as a means for individual, family and community self-sufficiency.